A Stroll Down Memory Lane

I know I owe you guys a post and I've spent the last few weeks trying to come up with something meaningful to share. I want to prevent this blog from becoming a series of journal entries because, let's be honest, that would bore the pants off most people, especially me. And so I haven't said much because I really don't have anything to say. Quinn is about as typical as a baby can be: he eats, he sleeps, he poops, he's learning to smile (that last one is worth celebrating, but I've yet to catch it on camera or even determine if it's a real smile or just gas-related. I'm going with the former). That said, he rarely cries and gives me little trouble. Atticus was the same way, so all my fellow moms can go ahead and curse my good fortune now. I will admit that I'm not familiar with the stressful, sleepless existence that most parents of newborns experience. Not that we don't have 3am feedings and diaper changes; it's just a little easier to handle than the picture I was painted before having a baby. I know, you hate me. That's fine. I promise to share the pure chaos that is chasing a toddler when he learns to walk. Now THAT is hard. Come to think of it, it still is. Atticus often ignores important instructions that are intended to keep him safe and keep my living room floor from becoming his next fingerpainting canvas. But those stories are for a different post entirely...


The weather here in Houston has been downright spring-like (oh god, she's talking about the weather. She really doesn't have anything to say). 80 degrees and sunny skies in January are not to be taken for granted, so Quinn and I went for a long walk around the neighborhood. I've shared with you that our new digs are just around the corner from the house I grew up in, so walks are always like reliving my childhood experiences. We went by my elementary school, the pool where I learned to swim, and the spot of my first kiss with Chance Burton when I was 11 (he had a dreamy Zach Morris haircut and wore Reebok pumps. The ladies know what I'm talking about. I distinctly remember we were both grossed out by the whole experience and I stayed away from boys for a few more years). The walk itself was marvelous and may even serve to help me lose the last of this baby weight. I think we'll do it again today since it's another beautiful day in Texas. For all my friends and family up North, I'm really, really sorry. Winter must suck.





Ashford Elementary
My childhood home


our street
Atticus loves the park down the street






Popular Posts